|Title||Serena Changeman/ZMF Technician/Admin/Analyst|
Mainframe Software Configuration and Release Management Support / Serena Changeman/ZMF Technician/Admin/Analyst
Work as a Technical Analyst supporting Mainframe SCM/SRM activities utilizing Serena Changeman/ZMF. Participate in the activities of implementation, customization, documentation, testing and training of the Changeman/ZMF product in support of mainframe application development. Tools include Changeman/ZMF, Changeman/DB2, Changeman/M&R, and integration with Serena Team Track.
• Deployment of Changeman/ZMF–based solutions, including definition of customer needs through assessment of current processes, advice on the implementation of tool processes, set-up and customization of the product in support of customer requirements.
• Provide process analysis in support of project and enhancement efforts as they relate to strategy, assessment, scoping, design, deployment, and test planning and execution.
• Support the existing production implementation of Changeman/ZMF including customizations in support of Alltel/Fidelity package software.
• Provide end-user training on Changeman/ZMF.
• Enable performance improvements, efficiency gains, and higher quality and auditability in the application development process through the use of Changeman/ZMF.
• Perform maintenance, enhancement, and major release upgrades to Changeman/ZMF to permit on-going supportability of the products
• Accountable for the timeliness and quality of all work assigned.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
• Three to six years related experience with Changeman/ZMF, Changeman/DB2, Changeman/M&R, and integration with Serena Team Track, Required. (More years preferred)
• Proficient communication skills across all levels of the IT environment
• Prior experience with documentation, testing and training.
• Understanding of practical use of Mainframe Software Change Management and Software Release Management (SCM/SRM) policies, procedure, and practices.
• Solid understanding of Changeman/ZMF internals and administrator tools and processes, including DB2 interfaces and M&R options, including integration with Team Track. Required.
• In-depth mainframe technical skills in MVS, TSO/ISPF, JES3, JCL, VSAM, DB2, IBM utilities. Required.
• Proficiency in REXX, XML, and ISPF Dialog Manager (Panels).
• Familiarity with Application Development practices and activities, including an understanding of software compilation /translation functions, software component/module inter-relationships, development and test environment configuration characteristics and processing requirements.
• Working knowledge of DB2, IMS, CICS, and other application development tools.
• Proficiency with Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) as it relates to Changeman/ZMF security.
• Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements as they relates to IT Governance.
• General understanding of Process Management, Configuration Management and Release Management.
• Strong technical and lead skills to foster a strong customer relationship while facilitating and guiding the successful use of the Changeman/ ZMF solution.
• Able to quickly grasp business issues and propose technology-based solutions that will add value.
• Exercises considerable independent judgment in setting priorities.
• Must be a self-sufficient, highly self-reliant individual, highly comfortable working both as a team member, as well as occasionally isolated as a team of one.